jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for funding for people with disabilities who wish to complete an apprenticeship


If you need special help with vocational training due to physical, psychological, sensory or learning impairments, you can obtain a vocational qualification in a recognised training occupation with a rehabilitation-specific training. This can also be a specialist practitioner training for people with disabilities. You will complete your training in accordance with the currently valid training regulations or training regulations and their training framework plans.

You can then either complete your training

  • in the company with the support of an educational institution (in-company training)
  • or directly in an educational institution
  • or in an institution of vocational rehabilitation.

If the Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation provider, it will cover the costs.

The funding period includes the duration of the training, usually 2 to 3 years. If you have to repeat exams and your training period is extended as a result, the funding will also be extended.

In-company training

If you complete in-company training, you and your training company can receive support. You will be supported in:

  • to get an in-company training place,
  • Successfully complete your training through needs-based socio-pedagogical and partly also psychological support and
  • subsequently get employment on the labour market.

An educational institution accompanies you throughout the entire training period with teaching, support and advisory services and helps you with problems in vocational school and company. Your training company also receives support services from your educational institution. They conclude the training contract with the company and receive a training allowance from the training company. In addition, you are entitled to transitional allowance or training allowance. However, your training allowance will be deducted from it. The cost of support from the educational institution is paid by the Employment Agency.

Off-the-job training

If you are not able to train in the company, you can do the training at an educational institution or in a vocational rehabilitation institution that is equipped to meet the special needs of young people with disabilities (external training). Depending on the target group and equipment, the providers have their own training workshops, offices and companies with handicapped-accessible workplace design and provide you with pedagogical and partly psychological support. Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer accommodation and leisure facilities and are available for occupational health questions.

The aim is that you complete as much practical training as possible in a cooperation company in your area that is entitled to training. At the same time, you usually attend the locally responsible vocational school. You conclude the training contract with your educational institution. This accompanies you throughout the entire training period with teaching, support and advisory services, coordinates the course of training and helps you with problems in vocational school and company.

You define the training goal in consultation with your consultant at the Employment Agency. At the end of the training period, you will take your examination before the competent chamber. Your educational institution or vocational rehabilitation institution will prepare you for this and will also help you cope with learning stress and exam anxiety. You will not receive any training allowance during your training. However, you are entitled to either transitional allowance or training allowance and you are covered by social insurance. The entire training costs are paid by the Employment Agency.

Whether you can do rehabilitation-specific training – company-supported or off-site – depends, among other things, on:

  • whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case in order to increase your chances of successfully completing your training,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in professional life,
  • which activities you would like to carry out and
  • how the training and labour market is currently developing.

In order to receive rehabilitation-specific training measures, you must contact your employment agency:

  • To do this, make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of your Employment Agency.
    • If you do not yet have a personal contact person at the Employment Agency, make an appointment on the free telephone number 0800 4555500.
  • In the consultation, it will be clarified whether the rehabilitation-specific training is suitable for you.
  • If your consultant determines that a rehabilitation-specific training is suitable for you, you will be immediately notified for it. Your consultant will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. It also states when and where the measure begins and what you need for it.
  • You will receive a written notification as soon as a participation place is available.
  • The Employment Agency registers you with the educational institution or the vocational rehabilitation institution.
  • You conclude a training contract with a company or, in the case of external training, with an educational institution or vocational rehabilitation institution and start your training.
  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • They have completed compulsory schooling, but have not completed vocational training. A second vocational training can be supported if the completion of the second vocational training is necessary for your permanent professional integration.
  • Your prospects of participating in working life are permanently significantly reduced due to the nature or severity of your disability.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
  • Due to the nature and severity of your disability, the general statutory benefits are not sufficient to promote your participation in working life.
  • They are prepared to undergo vocational training or other professional integration.
  • It can be expected that you will complete your training and that your disability-related limitations will not (again) cause you difficulties in participating in working life.

When contacting your consultant, please ask which documents you need.

A few weeks to several months, depending on when the next start of training is possible.

Forms: none
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance necessary: yes

The counsellor will work with you to clarify which forms you need to fill out or which documents you need to present if you are eligible for rehabilitation-specific training.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

No authority found