jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for funding for people with disabilities who would like to complete further training


If you need special help with professional reorientation or reorientation due to physical, psychological, sensory or learning impairments, you can do a rehabilitation-specific further education. You can then either continue your training

  • in the company with the support of an educational institution (company retraining)
  • or directly in an educational institution
  • or in a vocational rehabilitation institution.

During your further training, you are covered by social security. The training costs are paid by the Employment Agency or the Job Centre, provided that the Federal Employment Agency is its responsible rehabilitation provider.  Depending on the eligibility requirements, you are entitled to transitional benefit or unemployment benefit II during the further training.

The aim of the further training is, for example, to improve your chances of integration on the labour market through qualification and to realize a health-appropriate employment. The following measures are possible:

Rehabilitation preparation course (RVL)

In the RVL you will receive support offers that will prepare you for retraining. In addition, you will be supported in finding a suitable retraining company. The RVL usually lasts 3 months.

Continuing vocational training with a degree

Through further training with a degree (= retraining), you can obtain a vocational qualification in a recognized training occupation. The retraining period usually covers 2/3 of the regular training period of the occupational goal. The entire retraining period is funded If you have to repeat exams and thus extend your retraining period, the funding is also extended.

If you complete a company retraining, you will be accompanied socio-pedagogically and in some cases also psychologically, depending on your individual needs. The aim is for you to successfully complete your retraining and then find employment on the labour market.

An educational institution accompanies you during the entire retraining period with teaching, support and advice services and helps you with problems in vocational school and company.

If you are not able to retrain in a company, you can complete it in an educational institution or a vocational rehabilitation institution.
The theoretical part of the retraining takes place partly in the educational institution or the institution for vocational rehabilitation and in vocational schools. Part of the retraining are also support and remedial lessons as well as offers for exam preparation. The practical parts of the training are carried out by companies with which, if necessary, a retraining or cooperation agreement is concluded.

Continuing vocational training without a degree

As part of further training without a degree, you can adapt your qualifications and knowledge to the current requirements of the labour market.

The content, duration and orientation of further training measures without a degree are manifold. They can largely include knowledge transfer, but can also focus support on taking up employment on the labour market and include operational phases. This also includes integration measures.

Depending on the target group and equipment, the (educational) institutions have their own workshops, offices and companies with workplace design suitable for the disabled and look after you pedagogically and partly psychologically.
Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer living and leisure facilities and are available for occupational health issues.

Whether you can do a rehabilitation-specific further training – company-supported or in an (educational) institution – depends, among other things, on

  • whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case to increase your chances on the labour market,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in professional life,
  • what activities you have carried out so far and
  • how the labour market is currently developing.

If you would like to do further training and you need special support or assistance due to your disabilities, you can do the training in a company or institution that is tailored to your specific needs.

In order to receive rehabilitation-specific training, you must contact your employment agency or your job centre:

  • To do this, make an appointment with the vocational rehabilitation and participation team of your employment agency or the integration specialist in your job centre.
    • If you do not yet have a personal contact person in the Employment Agency, make an appointment under the free telephone number 0800 4555500.
    • If you are already being looked after by the job centre, make an appointment with your personal integration specialist.
  • In the consultation, it is clarified whether a rehabilitation-specific training is suitable for you.
  • If your consultant determines that a rehabilitation-specific training course is suitable for you, you will be immediately reserved for it. Your consultant will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. It also states when and where the measure begins and what you need for it.
  • You will receive a written notification as soon as a place to participate is available.
  • The Employment Agency registers you with the educational institution or the vocational rehabilitation institution.
  • You conclude a further education/participation contract with the training provider or institution and start your further training.

If you would like to complete rehabilitation-specific further training, the following requirements apply:

  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency
  • Your prospects of participating in working life are permanently significantly reduced due to the nature or severity of your disability.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
  • Due to the nature and severity of your disability
    • the general benefits to promote your participation in the labour market are not sufficient,
    • do you need special support from an educational institution or
    • you must complete further training in a special institution of vocational rehabilitation.
  • They are willing to be professionally educated or otherwise integrated professionally.
  • It can be expected that you will reach the completion of further training and that your disability-related restrictions will not (again) cause you difficulties in participating in working life.

When contacting the Employment Agency or the Job Centre, please ask which documents you need.

A few days to several weeks

Forms: none
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance necessary: yes

The consultant will explain together with you which forms you need to fill out or which documents you need to present if you are eligible for rehabilitation-specific training.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

No authority found