jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a place at university


If you want to study at a university, you need a university entrance qualification. You will receive this if you have finished your school leaving certificate with the following school leaving certificate:

  • General higher education entrance qualification
  • Subject-specific higher education entrance qualification
  • Fachhochschulreife
  • Or an education recognized by the ministry. This is e.B. a passed master craftsman's examination or professional advancement training.

If you did not obtain your university entrance qualification in Germany or at a German school abroad, you can use the admission database of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to find out whether your certificate is sufficient for studying in Germany.

If your certificate or german language skills are not sufficient, you must first attend a Studienkolleg. There is currently a state study college in Saxony-Anhalt with departments at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg and at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences. In addition, there are state-approved private Studienkollegs.

You can also study part-time. The requirements for this are determined by the universities.

If you would like to study at a university, please contact the respective university directly.

  • You can apply to many universities on the website.
  • To do this, you must enter some personal information (for example, name, address) and submit certificates.
  • For the subjects medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry and pharmacy, you must apply online via hochschulstart.de.
  • When applying, please pay attention to the application deadline.
  • For some degree programmes, you must pass an aptitude test in advance.
  • If your degree programme is free of admission, you can usually enrol directly at the university and be enrolled. But even here there are exceptions.

If your degree programme has restricted admission, the university will check whether you meet the specified criteria. If you meet these requirements, you can enrol at the university and will be enrolled.

Contact the university where you want to study.

  • University entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur)
  • Sufficient knowledge of German and completion of the assessment test at the Studienkolleg

For some degree programs, you must meet other requirements, for example:

  • an internship
  • an aptitude test
  • School report
  • Proof of German language skills
  • and, if applicable, proof of passing the exam at the Studienkolleg

There are costs at the state-approved Studienkollegs.

The universities have set various deadlines within which you must submit your application and your certificates.

There are many websites where you can find out more about studying in Germany, from the recognition of your certificate to your application as an academic.

For the subjects medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry and pharmacy, you must apply online via hochschulstart.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of Economy, Science and Digitatalisation.

No authority found