jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for recognition of foreign school leaving certificates


If you have obtained a school leaving certificate abroad, you can have it recognised. Upon recognition, your school leaving certificate will be treated as equivalent to a German school leaving certificate.

  • Submit your application with the required documents to the State Education Office.
  • The Landesschulamt checks whether your educational qualification meets the requirements of a German school leaving certificate.
  • After the examination, you will receive a certificate.

Please contact the Landesschulamt.

  • You live in SachsenAnhalt
  • Your foreign school leaving certificate must meet all the requirements of the German school leaving certificate.
  • Application form
  • Copy of your identity document (e.g. identity card or passport)
  • Registration certificate
  • Certified copy of your school leaving certificate or certificate
  • residence permit or
  • Proof that you are a ethnic German repatriate

Usually as soon as possible. Sometimes several months.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of Education

No authority found