jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for admission to a secondary school


Secondary school is a type of secondary school and follows on from primary school. It covers grades 5 to 10 and concludes with the Hauptschule or Realschulabschluss. In addition, the qualified secondary school leaving certificate and the extended secondary school leaving certificate can be acquired. In addition to the general teaching content, the secondary school focuses on your child's vocational preparation. In this way, the pupils are to be prepared in detail for the later world of work.

Your child will receive the secondary school leaving certificate if he or she has successfully attended the 9th grade.

Your child will receive the secondary school diploma if he or she attends the 10th grade and has passed the final examination. With certain performance requirements, your child can acquire the extended secondary school leaving certificate. With the extended secondary school leaving certificate, your child can switch to the upper secondary school and achieve the Abitur.

The community school is a type of secondary school and connects to the primary school. At the community school, your child can obtain the following qualifications:

  • Secondary school leaving certificate
  • Secondary school diploma
  • School leaving examination
  • All children learn together up to the 8th grade and are supported according to their abilities.

The community schools work cooperatively with the grammar schools.

Your child has successfully completed primary school

  • Testimony
  • School Career Statement

You must submit the school career declaration to the primary school currently attending by the deadline. The school will inform you of the date with the issuance of the half-year report or the school career declaration.

  • Please contact the primary school your child is currently attending.
  • If you would like to enrol your child in the following school, please contact the school directly:
  • School with a focus on content
  • Independent school

If you want to enrol your child in a secondary school or community school, you must apply for this.

  • If your child is to attend a secondary school or community school, your child is also entitled to it if the type of school is offered. However, your child is not entitled to attend a specific school.
  • To register, fill out the "School Career Declaration".
  • If there are not enough places for a school, the school places are allocated through a selection process.

In the case of children who have previously attended a school in another federal state or abroad, the school authority decides which type of school is suitable on the basis of their previous performance and teaching content.

Ministry of Education

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found