jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for an EU certificate in accordance with the Professional Recognition Directive


If you provide certain services in an EU Member State or wish to establish yourself there, in some Member States you must submit, among other things, the so-called EU certificate. With this certificate you prove that you provide this service in Germany legally and permanently. ==References== Your company is a member of a chamber (e.g. Chamber of Crafts), the chamber is responsible for you. Otherwise, please contact the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

In order to demonstrate that the services are provided on a permanent and lawful basis, you must be informed of the specific activity you are carrying out and its duration. In addition to a description of the company's activity, you must indicate whether you have worked as a self-employed person, as a manager of a company or branch, in a managerial position or as an employee.

You can apply for an EU certificate in writing from the competent authority.

  • You submit the application together with the required supporting documents
  • After examination by the responsible body, the EU certificate will be issued to you by post, including invoice.

After receiving the certificate, you can use it for your application in the EU country.

Contact the relevant chamber.

These are, for example:

  • Chamber of Commerce and Industry
  • Chamber of handicrafts
  • Chamber of Engineers
  • Chamber of Architects
  • Chamber of Pharmacists
  • Chamber of Tax Advisors
  • Chamber
  • Exercise of the profession in the past two years
  • Indication and proof of the specific activity carried out
  • Copy of identity card
  • Proof of the specific activity carried out and duration
  • Education (certificates: certificate, diploma, certificate)
  • Additionally as:
    • Self-employed: Business registration
    • Head of a company or branch: Proof: Entry in the commercial register
    • Executive employee: employment contract, employment reference
    • Employees: employment contract, employment reference

You will find out more about this from your Chamber of Industry and Commerce or Chamber of Crafts.

  • Usually 2 – 4 weeks
  • Form: Form for issuing the EU certificate of the competent authority
  • Online Procedure possible: no
  • Written form required: no
  • Personal appearance required: no

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce

No authority found