jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for an extension of the permit to carry weapons or ammunition in Germany


If you want to take weapons or ammunition with you, you need a permit. If you have already received a permit, you can have it renewed several times.

You will receive the extension of the take-away permit as follows:

  • You submit an application to the weapons authority and submit the necessary documents, and you will be required to indicate to what extent the following data has changed:
    • to your person: first and last name, date and place of birth, place of residence, address, in the case of companies also telephone or fax number, number, date of issue and issuing authority of the passport or identity card
    • on firearms: number and type, category or registered trademark of the manufacturer, model name, caliber, manufacturing number, CIP bullet mark, if applicable,
    • on other weapons: number and type of weapons,
    • for ammunition: number and type, category according to Directive 93/15/EEC, manufacturer's name or registered trademark, caliber and, where applicable, CIPmunition test mark,
    • the reason for the take-away: precise indication of the place to which the weapons or ammunition are to be taken, purpose of the transport;
  • the required documents will be checked, if necessary you must submit further necessary documents;
  • the decision under weapons law is made

Please contact your county's weapons department. If you live in Dessau-Roßlau, please also contact the weapons authority.

If you live in Halle or Magdeburg, please contact the respective police headquarters.

For an extension, the same conditions apply to you as for the first granting of the permit.

A permit to carry firearms or ammunition in or through the Federal Republic of Germany requires that you

  • have reached the age of 18,
  • have the necessary reliability and personal suitability,
  • have demonstrated the required expertise and a need.

Permission to carry firearms or ammunition to another Member State may be granted if:

  • are entitled to acquire and possess the weapons,
  • there is the prior consent required by the law of the other Member State and safe transport is ensured by you.

If you are a hunter, sports shooter or traditional shooter, exceptions can also apply to you when renewing a permit.

  • in case of representation: written power of attorney
  • for persons from a third country when carrying firearms or ammunition by the Federal Republic of Germany to another Member State: prior consent of the Member State, if this is necessary
  • if applicable, official communications of the home country required reliability, personal suitability and sufficient expertise with German translation in each case

Administrative fee for transport to the Federal Republic of Germany: EUR 50;
Administrative fee for carriage by the Federal Republic of Germany: EUR 50;
Administrative fee for transport to another Member State of the European Union: EUR 50

Validity of the extension: up to one year (can be extended several times).

In addition to the transport permit, there is a transfer permit that includes another service.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of the Interior of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia

No authority found