jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a European firearms pass


If you are entitled to possess weapons or ammunition of category A 1.2 to C and want to take them with you to Member States of the European Union or to states parties to the Schengen Convention, you will need a European Firearms Pass.

Taking with you means that you have the weapon or ammunition temporarily with you on a journey without giving up possession for use across the border.

You can register several weapons (up to ten) in the European Firearms Pass. Whether you need further documents or permits in addition to the European Firearms Pass depends on the gun law regulations of the respective country to which you want to take the weapons or ammunition.

You will therefore need for your trip in addition to the European Firearms Pass

  • Your German gun ownership cards, in which your weapons are registered
  • proof of the reason for your trip
  • Identity card or passport
  • documents required according to the regulations of the country visited.

The European Firearms Pass can be obtained as follows:

  • you will need the following information:
    • to your person: first and last name, date and place of birth, place of residence, address, in the case of companies also telephone or fax number, number, date of issue and issuing authority of the passport or identity card
    • on firearms: number and type, category or registered trademark of the manufacturer, model name, caliber, manufacturing number, CIP bullet mark, if applicable
    • on other weapons: number and type of weapons
    • for ammunition: number and type, category according to Directive 93/15/EEC, name or registered trademark of the manufacturer, caliber and, where applicable, CIPmunition mark;
    • the European Firearms Pass will be handed over or sent to you

Please contact your county's weapons department. If you live in Dessau-Roßlau, please also contact the weapons authority.

If you live in Halle or Magdeburg, please contact the respective police headquarters.

You may be issued a European Firearms Pass if:

  • are entitled to possess firearms or ammunition of categories A 1.2 to C under the Weapons Act and you wish to take these firearms or ammunition with you to another Member State.
  • Copy of identity card or passport
  • Photograph from more recent times in the size of at least 45 millimeters by 35 millimeters in portrait format without border; the face must be at least 20 millimeters of it; the background must be brighter than the face area
  • Information on weapons and ammunition
  • in case of representation: written power of attorney

Administration fee: EUR 70

Period of validity: basically 5 years;
in the case of hunters and sport shooters, provided that only single-loader long guns with smooth barrels or smooth runs are registered: 10 years;
both variants can be extended 2 times by 5 years each.

Application for the issue, renewal, correction or addition of a European firearms pass

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of the Interior of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia

No authority found