jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a driving licence for passenger transport


If you are transporting passengers in a motor vehicle and a permit under the Passenger Transport Act is required for this transport, you will need a passenger transport licence (FzF) in addition to the general driving licence. The same applies if you carry passengers in an ambulance for a fee or on a business basis.

A driving licence for passenger transport (FzF) is not required for

  1. ambulances of the Bundeswehr, the Federal Police, the police as well as the troops and civilian components of the other states parties to the North Atlantic Treaty (NATO),
  2. ambulances of civil protection, if they are used for its purpose,
  3. Ambulances of the fire brigades and the rescue services recognized under state law.

If you are in possession of a class D or D1 driving licence, you will only need a FzF if you are driving a taxi.

  • EU or EEA driving licence required to drive the vehicle
  • Minimum age: 21 years;
    if restricted to ambulances: 19 years
  • personal reliability
  • mental and physical fitness
  • adequate vision
  • Possession of the EU/EEA category B driving licence (or equivalent driving licence) for at least two years (if the FzF is limited to ambulances for at least one year) or two years of possession of the driving licence within the last five years
  • if the FzF is to apply to ambulances: Participation in a training course in first aid
  • if the FzF is to apply to taxis: Passing a local knowledge test
  • official proof of place and day of birth (e.B. identity card, passport)
  • If applicable, current registration certificate
  • EU/EEA driving licence
  • proof that the requirements for vision are met,
  • Proof of physical and mental fitness
  • Certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority (service description in the Hessenfinder)
  • Up-to-date information from the driving aptitude register

If the FzF is to apply to taxis in addition:

  • Proof of the required local knowledge by means of a certificate from a suitable body.

If the FzF is to apply to ambulances in addition:

  • Proof of participation in a training course in first aid

The fee is based on the fee schedule for measures in road traffic (RFees).

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Hessian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Energy, Transport and Housing

No authority found