jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for a permit for waste water discharge into water


For the discharge of wastewater into an above-ground body of water and / or via infiltration into the groundwater, a permit is usually required in Germany. For this purpose, an application must be submitted to the competent authority.

Contact the State Administration Office.

  • State of the art (emission analysis)
  • Immission analysis
  • Other legislation
  • Prohibition of deterioration, requirement to achieve objectives
  • No violation of third-party rights
  • Proper exercise of water management discretion

The required documentation depends on the wastewater (precipitation water, waste water, mixed water) to be discharged into the above-ground body of water and / or via infiltration into the groundwater.

An administrative fee must be paid to the respective federal state for the administrative service "Discharge of wastewater into water Permit granted as a permit".

The administration fee is based on the respective state law provisions on the administrative fees.

The application must be submitted at an early stage, as a discharge of wastewater into above-ground water and / or via the subsoil into the groundwater may only take place with the granting of the permit.

The processing time depends on the quality and scope of the applications and documents submitted as well as on the procedure to be carried out.

§ 9 I No. 4 Water Resources Act (WHG) in conjunction with § 2 WHG

An objection to the permission can be filed within one month of notification.

The description and execution of the individual forms varies from one federal state to another. Generally formulated, there are application forms, checklists and information sheets as declarations or forms.

  • If applicable, link to the aforementioned forms: State specific
  • Online procedure possible: State specific
  • Written form required: State specific
  • Personal appearance necessary: State specific

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of the Environment, Energy, Food and Forestry Rhineland-Palatinate
No authority found