jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a Mobile ICT card renewal


You can renew a Mobile ICT card if you want to continue your work as a manager, specialist or trainee in a German branch of your company.

In principle, the same conditions must be met for the extension as when the Mobiler ICT card was issued for the first time, in particular that you can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover without using public services.

The Mobile ICT card is generally issued for the duration of the company's internal transfer. However, the total stay in Germany may not exceed three years for managers and specialists and one year for trainees. At the same time, the planned stay in Germany may not be longer than the stay in the EU Member State that issued you the residence permit for the purpose of intra-company transfer.

As a rule, the Federal Employment Agency must agree to the further exercise of employment. The consent is obtained by the Foreigners' Registration Office.

  • Find out whether your immigration office makes it possible to apply online or provides a special application form.
  • If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment at the Foreigners' Registration Office. In the case of online applications, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you upon receipt of your application to make an appointment.
  • During the appointment, your identity and your documents will be checked (please bring your documents, if possible in the original, to the appointment).  
  • If your application is granted, your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the Mobile ICTCard (issued in the form of a new electronic residence permit, in short: eAT card). The Foreigners' Registration Office commissions Bundesdruckerei to produce the Mobile ICT Card. After completion, you will receive information and can pick up the card at the responsible office. In principle, the collection must be made in person.
  • If your application is rejected, you will receive a rejection notice.

Please contact the immigration authority responsible for the place of residence of the applicant.

In principle, you must meet the same requirements for the renewal of your Mobiler ICT card as when you first issued it, i.e.

  • You have a recognized and valid identity document (for example, passport or passport replacement).
  • You hold a residence permit from another Member State valid for the entire duration of the procedure for the purpose of intra-corporate transfers.
  • ==References== Your group of companies is headquartered outside Germany and would like to continue to employ you as a manager, specialist or trainee in a branch in Germany.
  • The transfer takes longer than 90 days in total, but shorter than your stay in another EU member state.
  • You can present an employment contract valid for the duration of the transfer and, if necessary, a letter of secondment.
  • The Federal Employment Agency has agreed to the exercise of the employment (the consent is obtained by the Foreigners' Registration Office) or there is an exemption from the consent requirement for the desired activity.
  • You can secure your livelihood and health insurance coverage from your income without using public benefits.
  • The conditions under which you will work in the future are comparable to those of German employees.
  • Their wages correspond to the wages of German employees.
  • There is no interest in expulsion against you.
  • Your stay does not endanger or adversely affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.

In principle, the extension of your mobile ICT card requires the presentation of the same documents as when you first issued it:

  • Recognized and valid identity document (e.g. passport or passport replacement)
  • Current biometric photo in passport format (45 x 35 mm)
  • Residence permit of another Member State for intra-company transfer (recognizable by the abbreviation "ICT")
  • Proof of qualifications (e.g. university certificate, certificate of completed vocational training) and your professional experience (e.g. employment references)
  • Employment contract or secondment letter from the employer, if necessary
  • Form "Declaration of employment" (to be completed in full by the employer)
  • Proof of livelihood security (e.g. equity, blocked account, declaration of commitment)
  • Proof of health insurance coverage
  • Current registration certificate

The documents and information must always be presented in German.

In individual cases, the Foreigners' Registration Office may require less or more evidence.

Fee: 70 Euro


Additional fees may apply for the issuance of the Mobile ICT card in the form of the electronic residence permit.

At the latest 8 before the expiry of your current Mobile ICT card, the application should be received by the Foreigners' Registration Office.

Period of validity: 1 to 3 years

Remark (for more information on the deadline):

The Mobile ICT card is issued for the duration of the company's internal transfer. However, the stay may not exceed three years for managers and specialists and one year for trainees. The extension is excluded if the maximum duration of the transfer has been reached.

The Mobile ICT card can be re-applied for if there is a period of at least six months between the end of the transfer and the new application.

Objection period: 1 month

Duration: approx. 8 weeks

Note for further information on the processing time:

The production of the electronic residence permit by Bundesdruckerei takes about 4 to 6 weeks.

  • Appeal against the decision of the Foreigners' Registration Office
  • Action before the court referred to in the notice of opposition if the opposition is not complied with

Forms available: Yes

Written form required: Yes

Informal application possible: No

Personal appearance required: Yes

  • The MobilerICT card will not be issued if the foreign person will stay longer in Germany than in other EU Member States as part of the intra-company transfer.
  • The ICT card is issued in all EU member states except Denmark, Great Britain and Ireland. Entry with an ICT card is therefore not possible in these countries

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg

No authority found