jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for phytosanitary certificates for the export of plants and plant products to countries outside the EU


In the case of international trade in plants, plant products or other objects, plant diseases and pests can be carried away. Such harmful organisms are at risk of spreading uncontrollably in a new environment and causing major economic damage. For these reasons, international trade in this area is subject to strict phytosanitary supervision.

So if you want to export plants, plant products and other items to countries outside the European Union (EU), you will need to export them before exporting

  • a phytosanitary certificate (PGZ)
  • and, where appropriate, one or more advance transport certificates (VAZ)
  • or, in the case of import from a third country followed by export to a third country, a PGZ for re-export.

With the PGZ / VAZ, compliance with the phytosanitary import requirements of the respective receiving country is confirmed after prior inspection.

You must apply for one or more VAZs at the respective place of origin if

  • Your shipment consists of partial shipments originating from areas of various plant health services of the federal states / EU member states or
  • the origin of your consignment is not within the same jurisdiction of a phytosanitary service as the place where necessary treatment of the consignment must be carried out.

The VAZ serve as the basis for the PGZ, which you can apply for at the responsible official plant health service in the federal state.

With both of these documents, you will be confirmed that the phytosanitary requirements of the respective importing country are complied with upon successful inspection.

They shall apply for the necessary phytosanitary certificate or pre-export certificate or re-export certificate and the necessary examinations.

The official plant health service of the federal state will examine the application and inform you of the next steps.

You will need the following information for the online form:

  • Addresses
    • the applicant
    • the exporter
    • of the postal and invoice recipient
  • Name of the consignee and the country of importation
  • Origin
  • Means of transportation
  • Exporter's registration number
  • Place, date of inspection and contact person on site
  • Description of goods, botanical name and quantities
  • treatments carried out, if applicable, including protocols
  • if applicable, import permit of the importing country
  • where applicable, test reports of laboratory tests

Online service available: Yes

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL)

No authority found