jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for derogations from rules on night working hours


You need a permit from the locally competent authority for occupational safety and health if your company wants to work longer hours at night.

The authorisation of longer night work is provided by law for:

  • Shift operations
  • Construction and assembly sites
  • Seasonal and campaign holdings, if the increase in working time is compensated by a reduction in working hours on other days

Maximum limits apply to certain exceptions.

You apply for authorisation in writing using the following steps:

  • You submit an application to the Office for Occupational Safety and Health.
  • You submit all documents required to make a decision on your application.
  • The competent authority shall check the dossier for completeness and, if necessary, request documentation.
  • If you meet all the requirements, you will receive a corresponding approval notice.
  • If you do not meet the requirements, you will receive a rejection notice.
  • You will receive a fee notice.

Please contact the State Office for Consumer Protection.

  • The working time may not exceed 48 hours per week on average over 6 calendar months or 24 weeks.

The exact costs are determined after approval and depend on the number of employees.

Depending on the examination effort (usually a few weeks after submission of the complete documents).

  • Objection: An objection against the decision can be lodged with the locally competent authority for occupational safety and health within one month of notification.
  • An unsuccessful opposition procedure is subject to a fee.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

No authority found