jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Claiming maintenance


Parents are obliged to provide for the maintenance of their children. If you raise your child alone, the other parent will have to pay maintenance. As a mother, you are already entitled to maintenance during maternity leave, as a father immediately after the birth of the child. If the other parent does not comply with his duty, the Youth Welfare Office can provide you with legal advice and offer further support.

You will discuss which measures need to be taken together with the Youth Welfare Office in a personal conversation. The Youth Welfare Office will then help you to formulate letters, determine the amount of maintenance payments or initiate a seizure if necessary.


You can also set up a conservatorship for your child at the Youth Welfare Office. A conservatorship is a special form of legal representation of children and adolescents. The Youth Welfare Office can then legally represent the child in the relevant proceedings and thus relieve you. It can, for example,

  • ask the father to acknowledge paternity and to take the necessary documents,
  • arrange for the judicial clarification of paternity,
  • calculate your child's maintenance claim,
  • regularly review the maintenance claim,
  • draw up a certificate of maintenance,
  • enforce the maintenance claim in court,
  • collect and control maintenance payments,
  • determine the residence and employer of the parent liable for maintenance, and
  • initiate enforcement measures.

You can apply for conservatorship before the birth of the child if you are not married and have not submitted joint declarations of custody. After the birth, you can apply for the conservatorship at any time until the child is of age. Your custody is not restricted.

End Conservatorship

You can terminate the conservatorship at any time by means of a written declaration. It ends automatically when the child reaches the age of majority. It can then seek advice and support from the Youth Welfare Office until its 21st birthday.

Please contact the local youth welfare office.

  • You are a single parent and your minor child has maintenance claims against the other parent or
  • They are between 18 and 21 years old and have maintenance claims against a parent themselves.
  • for a consultation: no documents required
  • for a conservatorship: informal written application

Emission: free of charge
Payment in advance: No
Court proceedings conducted within the framework of a conservatorship may incur costs in individual cases.

not applicable

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ)

No authority found