jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a permit to restrict traffic space


For any action where you use and restrict public traffic space, you must obtain permission from the local road traffic authority. Such measures include road construction, the erection of scaffolding or the storage of building materials, but also parades and other events. You are not allowed to start the measures until you have been given permission.

They are responsible for informing the public about the measure. With the permit, the competent authority stipulates in a traffic law order,

  • how you have to cordon off and mark the workplace,
  • whether and how you need to restrict, direct and regulate traffic, and
  • how to mark any detour routes.

On the one hand, these requirements ensure the safety of workers and road users, and on the other hand, they ensure that traffic is not affected more than necessary.

You need a traffic law order not only in the event of a full or partial closure of the road, but also if the work only affects cycle paths or sidewalks.

If the requested traffic space restriction is a job, a site manager must be appointed.

If the measure takes longer than the requested period, you must apply for the extension of the measure before the expiry of the approved period.

In the event of an accident (emergency measure), contact the responsible police station directly.

  • You can prove a legitimate interest.
  • They do not restrict the safety of traffic and do not disproportionately affect traffic.
  • They do not disproportionately restrict public use.
  • In the event of traffic space restriction due to a workplace: As the person responsible for a traffic law order, you hold the certificate "Leaflet on framework conditions for necessary expertise in traffic safety of work sites on roads" (MVAS).
  • Application for permission to restrict traffic space (informally in writing)
  • True-to-scale site plan
  • If applicable: Certificate "Leaflet on Framework Conditions for Required Expertise in Traffic Safety of Workplaces on Roads" (MVAS)
  • Optional: Traffic sign plan
  • Optional: Detour plan
  • Optional: Explanation of the construction project / procedure
  • Optional: Signal position / signal drawing plan

Fee: 30,00 - 200,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No
The fee varies depending on the duration and scope of the permit.

Application Deadline: 14 Days
Minimum application deadline

Processing Time: 2 Weeks
The processing time for extensive measures is longer than the processing time for entertaining, less extensive measures.

Local Road Traffic Authority

Forms available: No

Written form required: No

Informal application possible: Yes

Personal appearance required: No

Online services available: No

You can apply for permission to restrict traffic space by post.

  • You can find out more on the website of the authority responsible for you and, if available, download the appropriate form.
  • If a form exists: You fill out the form, sign it and submit the application with the required documents by post or email.
  • If no form is available: You write an informal application, sign it and submit it with the required documents by post or e-mail.
  • The competent authorities shall examine the application and, if necessary, involve other bodies.
  • After reviewing the application, you will receive an approval or rejection notice. The approval notice contains the traffic law order for you.
  • You can now carry out the measure within the framework of the traffic law order.
  • You will receive a fee notice.
  • You pay the fee.

Federal Ministry of Digital Affairs and Transport

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found