jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for an apostille


Legalization is associated with a not inconsiderable expenditure of time and money. It has therefore been partially declared dispensable by international treaties. These conventions include, inter alia, the Convention on the Exemption from Legalisation of Foreign Public Documents (Hague Apostille Convention). Legalization is replaced by the apostille as proof of authenticity. This is issued by the competent internal authority of the State which issued the document. A participation of its foreign representation in Germany is then no longer necessary.

In addition, there are also conventions with the consequence of mutual recognition of the respective documentary system, so that public documents are automatically regarded as authentic (Belgium, Denmark, France, Greece, Italy; Luxembourg, Austria and Switzerland).

Which states recognize the "Hague Apostille", please read here:

If possible, before submitting your application, inquire with the competent authority about the exact procedure and how the fees are to be paid.

  • Go to the competent authority. Please make an appointment by phone.
  • Identify yourself with your identity card or passport.
  • Indicate in which country you want to use the certificate.
  • Present the original certificate.
  • You pay the fee to the competent authority.

Please contact the State Administration Office.

  • Original certificate
  • Passport or other proof of identity (not applicable for written application)
  • if applicable: written power of attorney for the representative

EUR: 10,00 to 100,00

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Released by the Federal Ministry of the Interior.

Co-signature of the Federal Ministry of Justice requested.

No authority found