jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
There are 54 services for Identity documents

Identity documents

How can I get a new national identity card? How and where can I use the online identification function? Where can I apply for amendments? This section provides information and contact details for government services related to identity documents such as national identity cards and passports.


Apply for a European Professional Card

With the European Professional Card (EBA), you can have certain professional qualifications recognised within the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) via an...

Apply for a child's passport extension

When the child's passport expires, you can apply for an extension as a guardian.

Apply for a children's passport

If you want to travel with your children outside of Germany, you must apply for a travel document for the child, such as a children's passport, identity card or, depending on...

Apply for a frequent traveller passport

For frequent travelers, a passport of 48 pages can be issued.

Apply for a library card

Do you like reading for your life? And do you want to inform yourself in different areas? Read here which offers are available in Saxony-Anhalt.

Apply for a passport

In many countries outside the European Union (EU), you will need a passport when entering the country. With German citizenship, you can apply for a German passport.

Apply for a passport due to expiry of validity

An extension of the passport is not possible. If the passport has expired, you must be issued a new passport if the passport is still needed.

Apply for a passport due to name change

After a name change during a marriage or the establishment of a civil partnership, a new passport is required. The issuance of a new passport is only necessary if the passport...

Apply for a passport expressly

The delivery time for a passport is usually at least 2 weeks. If you need a passport at short notice, you can apply for the passport in an express procedure.

Apply for a resident parking permit

As a resident, you can apply for a residents' parking permit for your car or motorcycle or a motor vehicle you use permanently. The residents' parking permit is only valid for a...

Apply for a severely disabled person's pass

The severely disabled person's pass will be issued to you on request.

Apply for a supplement to the severely disabled person's pass with or without a token

If you are severely disabled, you are entitled under certain conditions to free transport in local public transport or to a reduction in vehicle tax.

Apply for a temporary identity card

Your ID card has been lost or expired and you need a new one? Then you can apply for a temporary identity card.

Apply for a temporary passport

A temporary machine-readable passport is only issued if the time itself for issuing an express passport (production time on weekdays within 72 hours) is too short and it can no...

Apply for an emergency travel document for foreigners

If, as a foreigner, you discover that your travel documents have expired shortly before you leave Germany, you can apply for an emergency travel document under certain conditions.

Apply for an extension of the residents' parking permit

You can have your residents' parking permit extended upon request.

Apply for an identity card due to a name change

If your name changes, you will need to apply for a new identity card, unless you have a valid passport document with the new name.

Apply for an identity card for Germans residing outside Germany

As a German with permanent residence abroad, you are not subject to the general obligation to register and therefore not to the id card requirement in Germany according to the...

Apply for an identity card for the first time

Once you are 16 years old, you must have a valid identification document that can be used to verify your identity. As a rule, this is an identity card or passport.

Apply for an organ donor card

Organ donation is a very personal matter. For or against - this is a decision that no one can take away from you. Some people are uncomfortable with the idea of having an organ...

Apply for exemption from identification

Persons for whom a supervisor has been appointed or who are represented by a person with a publicly certified power of attorney, who are likely to be permanently...

Apply for passport abroad

If you live abroad, you can apply for your German passport abroad at a German representation.

Apply for social security card

You can apply for a new Social Security card if you have lost it, it has been damaged, or it is no longer legible.

Applying for a European firearms pass

If you want to take your weapons within the European Union (EU) or to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, you need a European firearms pass.

Applying for a travel document (passport substitute) for foreigners from non-EU countries

If you do not have a passport from your country of origin and it is not possible for you to obtain one by reasonable means, you may exceptionally be issued with a travel...

Applying for an eID card for EU citizens and eWR nationals

If you are a citizen of the European Union or a member of the European Economic Area, you can apply for an eID card to identify yourself online.

Applying for an identity card due to expiry of validity

When your ID card expires, you will need to apply for a new one if you are over 16 years old and do not have a valid passport document.

Applying for an identity card due to loss

Have you lost your identity card? Then you need to report it. In addition, you will need to apply for a new identity card if you are over 16 years old and do not have another...

Applying for an identity card for people under the age of 16

If you are under the age of 16, your parents or guardians can apply for an identity card for you.

Applying for an identity card for theft

Your identity card has been stolen? Then you need to report it. In addition, you will need to apply for a new identity card if you are over 16 years old and do not have a valid...

Change children's passport

The data in the children's passport must always be up-to-date. If the place of residence indicated in the children's passport has changed, this must be corrected in the...

Check ID card status

The processing status of the identity card can be requested from the responsible office.

Check children's passport status

If you have applied for a children's passport, you can always obtain information about the processing status.

Check passport status

You can inquire about the processing status of the passport at the responsible office.

Declare renunciation of German citizenship - for persons abroad

If you live abroad and have several citizenships, you can submit a declaration of renunciation of German citizenship under certain conditions.

Disable electronic proof of identity

If you pick up your identity card with online ID function, you can declare in writing to the identity card authority that you do not want the function of electronic proof of...

Dismissal from German citizenship for persons abroad

If you live abroad and have to give up your German citizenship because you want to acquire another nationality, you can apply for dismissal under certain conditions.

Enable electronic proof of identity

You want to have the online ID card of your identity card activated later? You can do this at your identity card authority. When you can simply activate the online ID card...

Have your passport changed

The data in the passport must always be up-to-date. In case of changes, you will need to apply for a new passport for one: Name change in case of marriage or establishment of...

Passport issuance new due to change of other data

If you change your place of residence, you must arrange for a change in your passport.

Passport replacement in case of loss of passport abroad

If you have lost your passport abroad or it has been stolen from you and you want to travel home, you must have replacement travel documents issued. You can apply for this at...

Pick up your identity card

Your new identity card is ready for collection at the responsible identity card authority. You can pick him up in person or with a pick-up power of attorney on your behalf.

Pick up your passport

Would you like to pick up your passport? Find out more here.

Purchase a signature certificate for your ID card

With the electronic signature, you can sign a digitally available document (contracts, applications and certificates) that would otherwise only be legally binding in...

Renewing the European Firearms Pass

When your European Firearms Pass expires, you will need to renew it.

Report a child's passport

You are obliged to report the loss of the children's passport immediately. A message is required for the following events: Report of theft Notification of loss Report for...

Report identity card theft

If your ID card has been stolen, you must report it.

Report loss of identity card

If you lose your id card, you must report it.

Report the discovery of an identity card

If you find your id card that has been reported as lost, you must report it.

Report the discovery or loss of a passport

If you lose or find your passport, you must report it. This also applies if your passport is stolen.

Request a change of address in the electronic proof of identity

If your address changes, you must also have it changed in the electronic proof of identity (online ID function) on your identity card, your electronic residence permit or your...

Request a change of address in your identity card

Have you moved? The new address must be noted on your identity card.

Request to view readable electronic proof of identity data for providers

You can release the following data to providers on the Internet or at vending machines by entering the PIN as part of the online ID function: Family name Name at birth (only...

Request travel document for emergency

If you notice shortly before the start of your trip that your ID card has expired, you can, under certain conditions, apply for replacement papers at short notice as a German...