jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
There are 44 services for Owning a vehicle

Owning a vehicle

Whether new or second-hand - here you can find out when you need to register, deregister or re-register a car, truck, boat or other means of transportation, what there is to consider with regards to licence plates and what subsidies are available for the purchase.


Application for registration certificate Part II Amendment

Changes to your personal data (except in the case of sole change of address) as well as certain technical changes to the vehicle can be entered in the registration certificate...

Apply for a badge for electrically powered vehicles from abroad

If your electrically powered vehicle from abroad does not already have a marking, it requires an e-badge to participate in road traffic in Germany.

Apply for a boat certificate

For the commercial rental of recreational craft or personal watercraft for non-commercial use, you need a boat certificate for each rented vehicle in addition to a permit for...

Apply for a fine dust sticker

If you want to drive into an environmental zone, you need a fine dust sticker/ environmental badge. Here you will find information.

Apply for a green license plate

Certain vehicles exempt from motor vehicle tax have registration plates with green lettering on a white background. Vehicles of non-profit organizations (e.g. German Red Cross),...

Apply for a reduction in vehicle tax for severely disabled persons

If you are the owner of a motor vehicle as a severely disabled person, you can apply for a motor vehicle tax relief under certain conditions.

Apply for a repeat sign for a motor vehicle

If you want to attach a clutch carrier or rear carrier to your vehicle, it must not obscure the license plate of your vehicle.A repeat plate of the registration number of the...

Apply for a resident parking permit

As a resident, you can apply for a residents' parking permit for your car or motorcycle or a motor vehicle you use permanently. The residents' parking permit is only valid for a...

Apply for a seasonal license plate

If you only want to use your vehicle seasonally, you can apply for a seasonal license plate. It saves you the annual registration and deregistration in spring or autumn. The...

Apply for a small motorcycle license plate

In addition to the previous license plates, you can also use smaller motorcycle license plates up to a minimum size of 18 x 20 cm since 08.04.2011. This regulation also applies...

Apply for an extension of the residents' parking permit

You can have your residents' parking permit extended upon request.

Apply for assignment of interchangeable vehicle registration plates

Do you have two vehicles of the same vehicle class and with the same dimensions of the license plates? You can get a change license plate for this.As an alternative to the...

Apply for export license plates

Do you want to transfer your vehicle to stay abroad permanently? For this you need an international approval with an export plate.You will be granted this export licence for a...

Apply for license plate license plate registration

Classic cars can be vehicles that were first registered 30 years ago (or earlier). It depends on the day of the first admission. Such vehicles, which are largely in their...

Apply for license plates for electric vehicles

To register an electrically powered vehicle, you must apply for an e-license plate at your local vehicle registration office.

Apply for parking facilitation for severely disabled persons

Are you severely disabled and often use a car? Find out more about parking facilitation here.

Apply for permission to drive boats and ships

The State Administration Office issues permits and permits for commercial inland navigation on state waters. It carries out tests to acquire the right to operate passenger ships...

Apply for registration for motor vehicle trailers

If you want to carry a trailer on public roads on your motor vehicle, you need a registration.

Apply for short term license plate

You can apply for the short-term license plate as a private person or company for a vehicle that is roadworthy but not registered.

Apply for the issuance of classic car license plates

Do you have a classic car that you only drive to events? Find out here about a classic car license plate.

Apply for vehicle re-registration

A vehicle that has been taken out of service can be re-registered upon request. You can submit the application for re-admission to the licensing authority responsible for you.

Apply for your desired license plate

Do you want a specific combination of letters or numbers for your license plate, for example a name abbreviation, the abbreviation of your company, a date of birth or...

Applying for registration for motor vehicles

If you want to drive your new or used vehicle on public roads, you need a registration.

Deregister a motor vehicle

You can deregister your motor vehicle with the competent registration authority, if you intend to sell it, if you temporarily do not use it, or if you want to have it...

Disposing of end-of-life vehicles

Since 1 January 2007, last holders of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles (i.e. vehicles for the carriage of goods up to 3.5 tonnes) have been able to return their...

Earning points in the driving fitness register

If you violate road traffic rules, you can get points in the driving fitness register.

Have the vehicle taken out of service

Since 1 March 2007, there is no longer a distinction between temporary and permanent closure. A vehicle has either "registered" or "decommissioned" status. One of the...

Motor vehicle - Apply for registration when changing owners

If you buy or take over a vehicle that is already registered, you must have it re-registered in your name immediately and, if necessary, apply for a new license plate.

Pay motor vehicle tax

With the traffic law registration of your vehicle, the motor vehicle tax liability begins for you. The amount you have to pay depends on the type of vehicle.

Re-register a motor vehicle

If you move to another registration district, you must immediately re-register your vehicle and, if necessary, apply for a new license plate.

Register of fitness to drive, request information

The register of fitness to drive ("traffic offender register") stores legally binding decisions on traffic offences and driving licence measures. Administrative offences with...

Registration Certificate Part I Apply for issuance

If you want to use a vehicle on public roads, you must always carry the registration certificate Part I (formerly vehicle registration document) with you.

Registration Certificate Part II Apply for issuance

With the registration certificate Part II (formerly vehicle registration document) you can prove that you are allowed to dispose of the vehicle in question.

Report loss of registration certificate Part I

If you have lost the registration certificate Part I (old: vehicle registration document) or if it has become unusable or illegible, you must report this immediately and apply...

Report loss of registration certificate Part II

The loss of a Part II registration certificate issued must be reported to the competent licensing authority, which shall inform the Federal Motor Transport Authority thereof....

Report the loss of one or both registration plates

  As the owner/owner, you must immediately report the loss or damage to your license plate. In the event of loss and theft, a re-identification must be made. Hint:If you...

Report the sale of a motor vehicle

If a change occurs in the person of the owner (e.B. by selling the vehicle), the previous owner or owner must immediately inform the competent registration authority for the...

Request a change of owner data

Personal changes (e.g. name change due to marriage or divorce) must be noted immediately in the registration certificate Part I and Part II. In the event of a change of address...

Request modification of vehicle data

Changes to technical vehicle data for motor vehicles and/or trailers must be recorded in the vehicle documents.

Request the exchange of registration plates for euro number plates

You can exchange your old registration number into a Euro number plate. The exchange may be made by you or a person authorized by you.

Temporary participation of vehicles registered in another EU or EEA member state in public road traffic in Germany

You may temporarily participate in traffic in Germany with a motor vehicle that is registered in another member state of the European Union or another state party to the...

Vehicle registration number Red insurance number Apply for allocation

As a reliable trader in the vehicle industry (e.g. car manufacturers, car dealers, car workshops), you can apply for the red license plate for vehicles that are not registered. ...

Winter tyres mandatory

In case of black ice, slippery snow, slush, ice or frost, you may only drive your car if it is equipped with winter tyres.