jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
There are 29 services for Social contributions

Social contributions

What does being subject to social insurance mean? Everyone who is subject to social insurance must pay social contributions. Social contributions include health insurance, long-term care insurance, unemployment insurance and pension contributions.


Adjusting the artists' social insurance subsidy for health and long-term care insurance

The Künstlersozialkasse (KSK) can only pay you the correct subsidy if it knows how high your contributions for private or voluntary statutory health and long-term care insurance are. You should therefore inform the KSK of any changes to your contributions.

Advice from the artists' social insurance fund for self-employed artists or journalists who are not insured

The Künstlersozialkasse will advise you on all matters relating to artists' social insurance.

Apply for exemption from compulsory insurance in the statutory health insurance scheme

If you become subject to compulsory insurance in the statutory health insurance, you can be exempted from this in certain cases. You submit the application to your statutory health insurance fund.

Apply for payment relief for insured persons with the Artists' Social Security Fund

If you as an insured person are in arrears with your contribution payments, you can agree a new payment term with the Künstlersozialkasse.

Apply for payment relief from the Künstlersozialkasse (artists' social insurance fund)

If you are unable to pay the current claim of the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK) on time, you can apply to the KSK for payment relief.

Applying for a new social security card

You may apply for a new social security card if you have lost your card, damaged it, or if it is no longer readable.

As an insured person, contact the Künstlersozialkasse for information, advice or clarification of concerns

If you, as an insured person in the artists' social insurance scheme, have a question or concern in connection with your compulsory insurance, you can contact the Künstlersozialkasse.

Change income estimate for the artists' social security fund

Has your professional situation changed in such a way that you expect a different income from your self-employed artistic or journalistic work? Then you need to adjust your income estimate with the Artists' Social Insurance Fund.

Check obligation to pay artists' social security contribution on shareholder's salary

If your partner works creatively for you, you must pay artists' social security contributions on his or her salary under certain conditions.

Final subsidy statement from the Artists' Social Security Fund

Grants that you receive from the Artists' Social Security Fund are finally settled in the following year.

Have the load limit for co-payments checked in the statutory health insurance

Co-payments for medicines, remedies and applications may not exceed two percent of the annual gross income.

Immediately register employees for social insurance (immediate registration)

As an employer, you are required in certain industries to register your employees with the social security system before they begin employment.

Notify the artists' social insurance fund of the change of health insurance fund

If you have statutory health and nursing care insurance through the artists' social insurance fund, you can change your health insurance fund under certain conditions.

Notify the Artists' Social Security Fund of the change in personal data

If your personal data changes, you must inform the Künstlersozialkasse. You should also inform the Künstlersozialkasse if your contact details change or expand.

Notify the Künstlersozialkasse of pension withdrawals

Do you receive a pension from the statutory pension insurance? Then this has an effect on your insurance status in the artists' social insurance.

notify the Künstlersozialkasse of the change in legal form or focus of activity

If you change the legal form of your activity or the activity itself, this may affect your obligation to be insured with the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK).

Pay long-term care insurance contribution

The contribution that each and every legally insured person has to pay for long-term care insurance is regulated by law.

Receive compensation and suspend contributions to the artists' social security fund

If you are unable to work due to illness or pregnancy and receive compensation from another source, you do not have to pay social security contributions via the Artists' Social Security Fund.

Request annual statement from the artists' social insurance fund

If you are subject to insurance or eligible for subsidies through the Künstlersozialkasse, you will receive proof of your insurance for each year.

Request confirmation of insurance from the artists' social insurance fund

If you are insured through the Künstlersozialkasse, you can prove your insurance status with a current confirmation of insurance.

Request current insurance data from the artists' social insurance fund

If you are insured through the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK), you can obtain information about your insurance obligation and your contribution account from the KSK at any time. To do this, you must send a request to the KSK.

Request mandatory status clarification for collaborating family members or managing partners

If, according to the registration, there is a certain relationship between you and your employer, or if you are a managing partner, the procedure for clarifying your employment status with the clearing office is automatically initiated.

Request voluntary status clarification

If you want to check whether you are self-employed or employed, you can submit an application to determine your employment status.

Social security for self-employed artists and publicists, registration

As an artist or publicist, you can register for social security via the Artists’ Social Security Fund (KSK).

Submit proof of activity and income requested at the end of the professional start-up period to the Künstlersozialkasse for examination

As a beginner in your profession, you did not reach the minimum employment income in the first three years of your work? Then you must prove to the Künstlersozialkasse that you are working for gain.

Submit proof of income to the Künstlersozialkasse for random checks

If you are insured with the Künstlersozialkasse or are entitled to a subsidy, your income can be checked in an annual random sample.

Suspension of health and long-term care insurance benefits in the event of non-payment of contributions to the artists' social insurance fund

If you do not pay your contributions to the Künstlersozialkasse regularly, you will have to pay for your medical treatment yourself.