jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
There are 8 services for Divorce


What is the process for divorcing or for dissolving a registered life partnership? What do you need to do for a divorce decree from another country to be legally valid in Germany? Who is involved in deciding on maintenance claims and the division of property and possessions?


Apply for the termination of the civil partnership

If you want to end your civil partnership, you can apply for the termination of your civil partnership.

Applying for divorce

If you want to end your marriage, you can apply for divorce of your marriage.

Applying for recognition of a foreign divorce decree

If your marriage ended in divorce outside Germany, you can have this decision formally recognized in Germany.

Claim separation maintenance

If you are married or in a registered partnership but live separately, you can demand adequate maintenance from your partner before the divorce.

Claiming divorce maintenance

If you are legally divorced and are unable to support yourself, you can demand reasonable maintenance from your former spouse.

Claiming the distribution of household items in the event of separation

If you are married or in a registered civil partnership but living apart, you can ask for a distribution of household goods for the time you are living apart.

Information on replacing a lost divorce certificate

If you have lost your divorce decree or your divorce decree (divorce certificate), you can apply for a new certified copy or copy at the local court or family court where your...

Request advice on separation and divorce matters

If you are thinking about a separation or divorce without having made a decision so far, you can contact various counselling centres. If you have decided to separate or divorce,...