jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
There are 30 services for Consumer protection

Consumer protection

As a consumer, you want to take part in business transactions without endangering your health or your economic interests. Consumer protection shields you from dangers that you would not be able to detect yourself, such as food safety and product safety issues.


Application for renewal of an approved variety

The approval of a variety marketed by you or other registered breeders expires? Then you can apply to the Bundessortenamt (BSA) for an extension of the approval.

Apply for an environmental impact assessment

For a large number of projects and plans for which significant environmental impacts are to be expected, an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is already required in the...

Apply for approval of a new plant variety

You can only market a new plant variety that you have bred for food or feed for commercial purposes after the Federal Plant Variety Office (BSA) has completed its multi-year growing trial and you have obtained official variety approval.

Apply for food testing

Every consumer expects flawless and safe food. First of all, everyone who is an entrepreneur in the food chain is responsible for this. The food control authorities ensure that...

Applying for administrative proceedings if a basic payment account is refused

If your application to open a basic payment account has been rejected, you can apply for administrative proceedings against your credit institution.

Complain to the Federal Network Agency about postal and parcel service providers

In case of basic problems with mail or parcel delivery, you can complain to Bundesnetzagentur.

Cosmetics: Report undesirable effects and damage to health

In rare cases, cosmetics can trigger undesirable effects such as skin irritation. Information from consumers on this is important for authorities and manufacturers. Manufacturers or retailers must report effects with serious health consequences to the authorities.

Energy supply: Checking abusive behavior

In accordance with Section 31 of the German Electricity and Gas Supply Act (Energiewirtschaftsgesetz - EnWG), persons or associations of persons whose interests are significantly...

File a complaint for violation of the provisions of the Geoblocking Regulation

If you want to complain about a provider for violating the provisions of the Geoblocking Regulation, you can file a complaint with the Federal Network Agency.

Information on pollutants in food and feed

As a consumer, you have a right to be offered only food, cosmetic products and consumer goods that are harmless to health and use.

Lodging a complaint against financial service providers

If you are having problems with a bank, insurance company or other financial service provider, you can lodge a complaint with the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht).

Publication of official announcements

Official gazettes are published by local authorities to publicize statutes, ordinances and official notices required by law and to provide information on other official notices.

Report information on violations in the context of money laundering supervision (whistleblower system)

If you have information about a violation of the Money Laundering Act (such as: tax evasion), you can report this completely anonymously to the competent supervisory authority.

Report lost property

If you have found an item of value, you must hand it in to the lost and found office of your municipality/city or the police. A lost property report will be recorded there. The...

Report misuse of telephone numbers

If a telephone number is used illegally, the Federal Network Agency can intervene and take appropriate measures. A number may be misused if you are put on hold under a...

Report radio interference

If you suspect radio interference, you can report it to the test and measurement service of the Federal Network Agency.

Report spam mails commercially

Spam mails are unsolicited and/or unsolicited electronic promotional communications sent to you promoting services and/or products.

Report spam mails privately

Spam mails are unsolicited and/or unsolicited electronic promotional communications sent to you promoting services and/or products.

Report unauthorised telephone advertising

The term telephone advertising, also known as cold calling, refers to calls that are made with the purpose of selling you goods or offering you services without your prior consen...

Request ante-mortem and post-mortem inspection

If you slaughter animals whose meat is intended for human consumption, you must have the animals officially inspected before and after slaughter. This concerns: Cattle Pigs ...

Request arbitration in a dispute with a telecommunications provider

If you have a dispute with your telecommunications provider, you can contact the Federal Network Agency's Telecommunications Arbitration Board under certain conditions. It can help to settle the dispute without having to go to court.

Request arbitration in case of dispute with postal or parcel service provider

If you cannot reach an agreement in a dispute with a postal company, the Federal Network Agency can mediate under certain conditions.

Request information from the location register for genetically modified organisms (non-public part)

You can apply for information from the non-public part of the site register for genetically modified organisms (GMOs) at the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety.

Submit a complaint about advertising

Be it on television, in magazines or on billboards - advertising is part of everyday life. However, advertising motifs and commercials do not always adhere to the limits that...

Submit a complaint about electrosmog

Electrosmog surrounds us everywhere. If you have health or technical problems due to electrosmog, you can complain.

Submitting a complaint against companies in the financial services sector

Do you believe that a company has violated the German Investment Code? Then you can lodge a complaint with the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin). You can use the general complaints procedure to do so.

Submitting complaints and inquiries in the area of telecommunications

As a customer of an Internet, mobile or fixed network provider, you can find out about your rights and submit inquiries and complaints to the Federal Network Agency.

Submitting complaints to enforce passenger rights in rail, bus and boat transport

Do you have cause for complaint after a train, bus or boat trip? Then you can contact the Federal Railway Authority (EBA).

View the location register for genetically modified organisms (public part)

You can consult the site register for genetically modified organisms (GMOs) without submitting an application.