jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
There are 14 services for Registering and de-registering vehicles

Registering and de-registering vehicles

On water, on land or in the air, every vehicle needs to be registered. Here you will find all sort of information about registering and de-registering vehicles, from the emissions sticker to registration certificates to the main vehicle inspection.


Apply for a boat certificate

For the commercial rental of recreational craft or personal watercraft for non-commercial use, you need a boat certificate for each rented vehicle in addition to a permit for the...

Apply for a fine dust sticker

If you want to drive into an environmental zone, you need a fine dust sticker/ environmental badge. Here you will find information.

Applying for a refund of vehicle tax for the transportation of vehicles by rail

If you transport your vehicle by rail for a certain number of journeys within a 12-month period, you can receive a full or partial refund of the vehicle tax under certain conditions.

Applying for a registration certificate part II (vehicle registration document)

With the registration certificate part II (formerly vehicle registration document), you can prove that you are authorized to dispose of the vehicle in question.

Applying for a vehicle to be taken out of service

If you wish to deregister your vehicle, you must have it taken out of service at the relevant vehicle registration authority.

Change vehicle data or owner data

If the vehicle data or owner data for your vehicle has changed, you must report this to your registration authority.

Disposing of end-of-life vehicles

Since 1 January 2007, last holders of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles (i.e. vehicles for the carriage of goods up to 3.5 tonnes) have been able to return their...

Exemption from vehicle tax for registered electric vehicles

Have you purchased an all-electric vehicle or converted an existing vehicle to an all-electric vehicle? Then you can be exempt from vehicle tax for up to 10 years.

Fine dust sticker Information issue

If you want to drive in an environmental zone, you need a fine dust sticker/environmental sticker. You can obtain information here.

Paying vehicle tax

As soon as your vehicle has been registered, you generally have to pay vehicle tax. The amount you have to pay depends on the technical assessment basis of your vehicle.

Receive a tax reduction or exemption from motor vehicle tax

If you are the owner of a vehicle, you can apply for a vehicle tax concession in the form of a tax reduction or complete exemption from vehicle tax under certain conditions.

Registration Certificate Part I Apply for issuance

If you want to use a vehicle on public roads, you must always carry the registration certificate Part I (formerly vehicle registration document) with you.

Report loss of registration certificate Part I

If you have lost the registration certificate Part I (old: vehicle registration document) or if it has become unusable or illegible, you must report this immediately and apply fo...