jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
There are 5 life situations for Partnership and Family
There are 2 services for Partnership and Family

Partnership and Family

For many people, family is a very important area of their life. Marriage, partnerships and families can have all sorts of constellations. They can include adoptive and foster children, and can be based on LGBT parenting or patchwork family structures. Family structures can also evolve into lone parents with children if a couple separates or a partner dies. Names are changed, certificates are issued – there is a whole lot of bureaucracy involved.


Applying for a settlement permit for family members of Germans

As a family member of a German, you can, under certain conditions, apply for a permanent right of residence (settlement permit) after a three-year stay in Germany.

Applying for an extension of the residence permit for children born in Germany

You should apply for an extension of your residence permit in good time before the validity of your child born in Germany expires.