jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
There are 15 services for Before the birth

Before the birth

Even when planning your family and during pregnancy, there are services you can use and preparations you can make.


Apply for a subsidy for fertility treatment

Do you have an unfulfilled desire to have children? Couples can receive financial support for fertility treatment.

Apply for cost absorption for abortion at the statutory health insurance company

If you want to have an abortion and cannot bear the costs yourself, you can apply for cost coverage by the statutory health insurance under certain conditions.

Apply for cost coverage for measures to induce pregnancy or for cryopreservation measures for persons insured under the statutory health insurance scheme

If a doctor determines that you cannot become pregnant naturally and that artificial insemination is suitable, the statutory health insurance funds will cover part of the costs under certain conditions.

Apply for financial support for measures to induce pregnancy

The state of Saxony-Anhalt unintentionally supports childless couples in financing fertility treatment. Find out more about the requirements here.

Apply for maternity benefit

When you become a mother, you can receive maternity benefits for the protective periods before and after childbirth as well as for the day of delivery. You can apply for maternity benefit either from your statutory health insurance fund or from the Federal Social Security Office (BAS).

Apply for one-off benefits

Relocation, pregnancy, birth: if you lack the money for certain situations in your life, you can apply for one-off benefits.

Apply for parental allowance

If you look after your child after the birth, the parental allowance compensates for part of the loss of income.

Apply for pregnancy conflict counseling

The news of pregnancy does not always trigger joy. Often this can be associated with serious conflicts and problems. In such cases, women can turn to the recognized pregnancy...

Applying for recognition of maternity

  • If you wish to make a declaration recognising the motherhood of your child, insofar as your national law or the law of the state in which the child has his habitual residence so requires.

Declaring joint custody of a child

If you as parents are not married to each other at the time of your child's birth, you can obtain joint custody by both submitting declarations of custody.

Declaring Paternity Recognition

  • If you would like to make a declaration recognising paternity as a child, as well as a declaration of consent from the mother, this can be publicly certified by registrars in any registry office, at youth welfare offices and before notaries.

Requesting payment of the grant for fertility treatment

Have you applied for a grant for fertility treatment and received the corresponding grant notification? Have you also already had the fertility treatment carried out? Then you can now apply for payment of the grant.

Show birth

The birth of a child must be reported to the registry office responsible for the place of birth. If your child is born in a hospital or other facility where obstetric care is...

Show home birth

The birth of a child must be reported to the competent authority in whose jurisdiction it was born. The following are obliged to notify a home birth in the following order: ...

Taking parental leave

You can plan your 3 years of parental leave flexibly, but you must meet certain requirements. You must give notice of your parental leave to your employer.