jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

There are 14 services for Imports and exports

Imports and exports

What rules apply to cross-border trade? Certain import exemptions and limitations exist to protect people from dangers and to ensure compliance with international agreements. Germany has a long history as a leading exporter. But what requirements need to be followed when exporting goods? You will find relevant information and government services here.


Application for authorisation for import, transit, export and intra-Community movements in accordance with animal health and food legislation

For the import, transit, and occasionally for the export and for intra-Community movements of animals and animal products according to § 1 Internal Market Animal Disease...

Apply for a permit to operate a customs warehouse

If you wish to operate a customs warehouse, you must submit an application.

Apply for an export refund

If you export goods to third countries, you can apply for an export refund under certain conditions. The European Union (EU) has set prices for many agricultural products that...

Apply for authorization to use an electronic transport document (ETD) as a customs declaration

As an airline or shipping company, you can apply for a simplification of the transit procedure. With this simplification, it is possible to use an electronic transport document as a transit declaration in the Union transit procedure.

Applying for a permit for the import and export of protected plant and animal species

If you want to import or export specimens of protected animal and plant species into or from the EU, you will need a permit.

Applying for phytosanitary certificates for the export of plants and plant products to countries outside the EU

If you export plants, plant products or other objects to countries outside the EU, they must not contain harmful organisms. As proof of this, you must apply for a phytosanitary certificate or a pre-export certificate or re-export certificate.

Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)

Companies based in the European Union and involved in customs operations, i.e. also operating outside the European Internal Market, can apply for the status of Authorised Economi...

Customs supervision Implementation

Despite facilitations in the clearance of goods in your personal luggage, you cannot carry all goods and products in cross-border travel without restrictions. The customs...

Declare diplomatic or consular goods to customs

If you want to import diplomatic or consular goods free of import duties, you must declare them.

Declare goods to customs when importing via the Internet

If you are importing goods into Germany from outside the EU, you can submit the customs declaration via the Internet.

Food: Import investigation

Do you import food into the EU as an entrepreneur? Then you have to ensure that the prescribed import inspections are carried out properly. In the case of imports of foodstuffs o...

Importing goods (travel souvenirs) from non-EU countries into Germany (customs control)

You can import goods into Germany from countries outside the EU. However, there are quantity and value limits for certain goods.

Importing goods from EU countries into Germany

You can bring goods from any EU country to Germany. However, there are indicative quantities for certain goods.

Request preferential simplification

If you as a company want to prove the origin of an export product yourself, you must submit a one-time application. There is also a simplified procedure for storing input materials with or without origin together.